Site Reviewer Training Course: Commission on Cancer
The Commission on Cancer's Site Reviewer Training course is intended to equip Site Reviewers with the tools and knowledge needed to evaluate sites' compliance with the Commission on Cancer's standards.
The course includes nine modules:
- Welcome to ACS: an introduction to ACS and the ACS Quality Programs
- Overview of the Commission on Cancer: an introduction to the Commission on Cancer
- Site Reviewers and Site Visits: a comprehensive overview of the Reviewer role
- Program Standards: an overview of the standard domains, their outcomes, and common deficiencies
- Operations: a review of the nuts and bolts of how the Quality programs operate
- The Quality Portal: a review of the Site Reviewer-specific elements in the Quality Portal (QPort)
- Preparing for the Site Visit: an overview of scheduling and other pre-site visit responsibilities
- Conducting the Site Visit: a detailed walk-through of each component of the site visit
- Following Up Post-Site Visit: an overview of what to expect following a site visit
The Site Reviewer Training Course: Commission on Cancer is intended for CoC Site Reviewers at the American College of Surgeons.
Upon completion of the course, you should be able to:
- Explain how the American College of Surgeons has been striving towards continuous quality improvement.
- Explain how your quality program strives towards its mission.
- Explain the role of effective Site Reviewers in the ACS Quality Programs.
- Interpret the program's standards accurately and consistently.
- Explain the operations of the site visit process, including required documentation, scheduling, and payment.
- Identify the location of key information in the ACS Quality Portal.
- Explain how to effectively prepare for a site visit.
- Explain how to conduct an effective site visit.
- Explain how to effectively complete the post-site visit documentation.
- Explain how site visit outcomes are determined.
- Windows: Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
Required Browser Settings
- Font Downloads: Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Microsoft Office® Excel and Word
CME Credit Claiming Information
All learners must complete the course evaluation in order to claim a CME Certificate. Participants may only claim a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.