Exported UltraSound Essentials for Surgical Residents Course (USER) - Charlottesville, VA
The National Ultrasound Faculty of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) is excited to share with you this newly branded course, Ultrasound Essentials for Surgical Residents, or the USER course. This course is designed to provide you with the essential knowledge and skill in various uses of ultrasound, such as in the trauma bay, at the bedside, and in the operating room.
Upon completion of the Ultrasound Essentials for Surgical Residents, the learner should be able to describe the positions and techniques used to conduct:
Thyroid and parathyroid ultrasound
Ultrasound of the breast
Abdominal ultrasound and extended FAST
Introduction to UltraSound Essentials for Residents - Ellen Hagopian, MD, FACS
Vascular ultrasound - William R. Fry, MD, FACS
Ultrasound of the breast - Jay K. Harness, MD, FACS
Abdominal Ultrasound and Extended FAST - Andrew W. Kirkpatrick, MD, FACS
Thyroid and Parathyroid ultrasound - R. Stephen Smith, MD, FACS
Clinical Examples Supplemental Videos
Course Materials for Review
- Surgical Residents
- If you have any questions about this course, please contact Gay Lynn Dykman, Administrator, Exported Ultrasound Courses at 312-202-5262 or email: email@example.com
- If you have any technical questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with the ACCME Accreditation Criteria, the American College of Surgeons must ensure that anyone in a position to control the content of the educational activity (planners and speakers/authors/discussants/moderators) has disclosed all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest (see below for definitions).
|Commercial Interest: The ACCME defines a “commercial interest” as any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services used on or consumed by patients. Providers of clinical services directly to patients are NOT included in this definition.|
|Financial Relationships: Relationships in which the individual benefits by receiving a salary, royalty, intellectual property rights, consulting fee, honoraria, ownership interest (e.g., stocks, stock options or other ownership interest, excluding diversified mutual funds), or other financial benefit. Financial benefits are usually associated with roles such as employment, management position, independent contractor (including contracted research), consulting, speaking and teaching, membership on advisory committees or review panels, board membership, and other activities from which remuneration is received, or expected. ACCME considers relationships of the person involved in the CME activity to include financial relationships of a spouse or partner.|
|Conflict of Interest: Circumstances create a conflict of interest when an individual has an opportunity to affect CME content about products or services of a commercial interest with which he/she has a financial relationship.|
The ACCME also requires that ACS manage any reported conflict and eliminate the potential for bias during the educational activity. Any conflicts noted below have been managed to our satisfaction. The disclosure information is intended to identify any commercial relationships and allow learners to form their own judgments. However, if you perceive a bias during the educational activity, please report it on the evaluation
Faculty and Disclosures
- David Hoyt, MD, FACS - Nothing to disclose
- Ajit K. Sachdeva, MD, FACS - Nothing to disclose
- Ellen Hagopian, MD, FACS - Nothing to disclose
- Scott A. Dulchavsky, MD, PhD, FACS - Nothing to disclose
- William R. Fry, MD, FACS - Nothing to disclose
- Lawrence Marshall Gillman, MD - Nothing to disclose
- Mark A. Gittleman, MD, FACS - Nothing to disclose
- Jay Kenneth Harness, MD, FACS - Nothing to disclose
- Andrew W. Kirkpatrick, MD, FACS - Nothing to disclose
- Junji Machi, MD, FACS - Nothing to disclose
- Amy Catherine Sisley, MD, FACS - Nothing to disclose
- R. Stephen Smith, MD, FACS - Nothing to disclose
- Pat Winston Whitworth, MD, FACS - Nothing to disclose
- Eugene Zierler, MD, FACS - Nothing to disclose
A Certificate of Completion will be awarded for this course.
This activity is not eligible for CME or CE credits.