Colorectal Cancer with Hepatic Metastases (C)
This session has been identified and designated as Credit to Meet ACS Accreditation/Verification Requirements for Cancer.
The goal of this session is to have a panel of U.S. and international surgeons and oncologists discuss the international and U.S. experience regarding the different strategies of managing patients with colorectal cancer and hepatic metastasis. Specifically, the three main strategies are colorectal cancer and chemotherapy and liver resection; synchronous colorectal cancer and hepatic metastases resection; and chemotherapy liver metastasis resection and colorectal cancer. The goal is to identify what strategy is better for what patient.
- Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy for Resectable Synchronous Metastatic Colorectal Cancer: Is There a Benefit?
Matthew J. Weiss, MD, FACS, Baltimore, MD
- Should We Resect an Asymptomatic Rectal Cancer Primaryin Metastatic Rectal Cancer?
Najjia N. Mahmoud, MD, FACS, FASCRS, Philadelphia, PA
- Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer and Synchronous Resectable Hepatic Metastases: What Is the Timing and Priority of Hepatic Resection?
Brendan C. Visser, MD, FACS, Stanford, CA
- Total Mesorectal Excision (Low Anterior Resection or Abdominoperineal Resection) at the Time of Hepatic Resection for Colorectal Metatsases: Pros and Cons
James Yoo, MD, FACS, FASCRS, Boston, MA
- Practicing surgeons
- Apply new knowledge and ideas to improve their surgical practice
- Adapt concepts and quality measures in support of research advancements
- Enhance the quality of patient care
- For questions about the course content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any technical questions, contact email@example.com.
In accordance with the ACCME Accreditation Criteria, the American College of Surgeons must ensure that anyone in a position to control the content of the educational activity (planners and speakers/authors/discussants/moderators) has disclosed all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. For additional information, please visit the ACCME website: http://www.accme.org/requirements/accreditation-requirements-cme-providers/policies-and-definitions/financial-relationships-and-conflicts-interest
The ACCME also requires that ACS manage any reported conflict and eliminate the potential for bias during the educational activity. Any conflicts noted below have been managed to our satisfaction. The disclosure information is intended to identify any commercial relationships and allow learners to form their own judgments. However, if you perceive a bias during a activity, please report it on the evaluation.
(Download the full list of disclosures.)
Faculty and Disclosures
Matthew J. Weiss, MD, FACS, Baltimore, MD - No Disclosures
Najjia N. Mahmoud, MD, FACS, FASCRS, Philadelphia, PA - No Disclosures
Brendan C. Visser, MD, FACS, Stanford, CA -Ethicon Endosurgery: consulting
James Yoo, MD, FACS, FASCRS, Boston, MA - No Disclosures
Program Committee and Disclosures
CHAIR: Henri R. Ford, MD, MHA, FACS, FAAP, FRCSEng(Hon), Miami, FL - No Disclosures
VICE-CHAIR: David T. Cooke, MD, FACS, Sacramento, CA - No Disclosures
David C. Borgstrom, MD, FACS, Morgantown, WV - No Disclosures
Daniel L. Dent, MD, FACS, San Antonio, TX - No Disclosures
Roger R. Dmochowski, MD, FACS, Nashville, TN - Allergen: Honoraria: Consultant
Audra A. Duncan, MD, FACS, London, ON - No Disclosures
Mariam F. Eskander, MD, Boston, MA - No Disclosures
Paula Ferrada, MD, FACS, Richmond, VA - No Disclosures
Neil H. Hyman, MD, FACS, Chicago, IL - No Disclosures
Martin S. Karpeh, Jr., MD, FACS, New York, NY - No Disclosures
Dennis H. Kraus, MD, FACS, New York, NY - No Disclosures
Kenneth W. Sharp, MD, FACS, Nashville, TN - No Disclosures
David A. Spain, MD, FACS, Stanford, CA - No Disclosures
Mary T. Hawn, MD, FACS, Stanford, CA - No Disclosures
Daniel M. Herron, MD, FACS, FASBMS, New York, NY - No Disclosures
Barbara Lee Bass, MD, FACS, FRCS(Hon), Houston, TX - No Disclosures
Quan-Yang Duh, MD, FACS, San Francisco, CA - No Disclosures
B. J. Hancock, MD, FACS, FRCSC, Winnipeg, MB - No Disclosures
Ronald V. Maier, MD, FACS, FRCSEd(Hon), Seattle, WA - No Disclosures
Valerie W. Rusch, MD, FACS, New York, NY - No Disclosures
Note: Residents will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.50 Certificate of Completion
- 1.50 Self Assessment Credit