ACS/APDS Surgery Resident Skills Curriculum - Phase 2
The ACS/APDS Surgery Resident Skills Curriculum was developed jointly by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the Association of Program Directors in Surgery (APDS) and includes three phases.
The ACS/APDS Surgery Resident Skills Curriculum—Phase 2: Advanced Procedures is designed to teach mid- to senior-level resident learners how to perform more complex procedures. This phase contains instructions for simulating 15 common surgical procedures, from laparoscopic appendectomy to hernia repair and colon resection.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to successfully perform a series of more complex surgical procedures.
- Module 1: Laparoscopic Ventral Hernia Repair
- Module 2: Open Colon Resection, Lap Right Colon Resection
- Module 3: Laparoscopic Sigmoid Resection
- Module 4: Open Right Colon Resection
- Module 5: Laparoscopic/Open Bile Duct Exploration
- Module 6: Laparoscopic Ventral/Incisional Hernia Repair (Porcine Model)
- Module 7: Laparoscopic Appendectomy
- Module 8: Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication
- Module 9: Sentinel Node Biopsy & Axillary Lymph Node Dissection
- Module 10: Open Inguinal/Femoral Hernia Repair
- Module 11: Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Module 12: Laparoscopic/Open Splenectomy
- Module 13: Laparoscopic/Open Cholecystectomy
- Module 14: Gastric Resection & Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Module 15: Parathyroidectomy/Thyroidectomy
Surgical residents, generally after the first year of training
For assistance, comments, or questions, contact Krashina Hudson, Administrator, Resident and Medical Student Curricula, email@example.com.
If you have any technical questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Edward P. Dominguez, MD, FACS
Gary Dunnington, MD, FACS
Sanjeev Dutta, MD, FACS
Paul G. Gauger, MD, FACS
Teodor Grantcharov, MD, PhD, FACS
Karen D. Horvath, MD, FACS
Aaron R. Jensen, MD.
Michael S. Kavic, MD, FACS
Stephen M. Kavic, MD, FACS
Mary E. Klingensmith, MD, FACS
Helen M. MacRae, MD, FRCSC, FACS
Brant K. Oelschlager, MD, FACS
Carlos A. Pellegrini, MD, FACS
Elizabeth Peralta, MD, FACS
Timothy A. Pritts, MD, PhD, FACS
Oscar R. Ruiz, MD, FACS
Daniel J. Scott, MD, FACS
Anthony Senagore, MD, FACS
Mark J. Watson, MD, FACS
Andrew S. Wright, MD, FACS
This activity is not eligible for CME or CE credits.